LX850 German Equatorial Mount with StarLock and Tripod #37-0850-00 (OTA not included)
*** IN STOCK ** available for purchase and on display in our showroom!
The New LX850™ with StarLock™.
The portable astro-imaging system that can be setup, aligned and imaging in less than thirty minutes.
Only from Meade.
Building on the foundation of the technologically revolutionary LX800, Meade engineers have taken the next step in astrophotographic evolution. We kept the same innovative concepts like Starlock™ fulltime automatic guiding and high-precision pointing, f/8 ACF OTAs with internal Crayford-style two-speed focuser and a portable precision German equatorial mount, but reengineered it to deliver more performance with less user effort.
Here is a brief list of a few of the changes and new features made to create the new LX850:
- NEW polished bronze worms in both RA and DEC drivers that deliver smooth motion with low periodic error.
- NEW larger roller bearings in both RA and DEC axes to better handle larger loads.
- NEW roller bearings in the RA and DEC clutch assemblies to allow freer motion with the clutches loosened for easier balancing.
- NEW one-piece 1 inch thick saddle plate with improved dove tail clamps, thicker OTA rail and radius blocks to reduce flexure between the OTA and mount.
- NEW alternative StarLock mounting position on ACF OTAs for virtually no flexure between StarLock and the primary optics.
- NEW StarLock software improvements to guide star selection, tracking/guiding accuracy, Ultra High Precision Pointing, and Drift Alignment.
- NEW StarLock automatic guide rate calibration which analyzes the sky conditions and sets the best possible guide rates for both RA and DEC.
Fast f/8 Advanced Coma-Free (ACF) optical systems on the 10", 12" and 14" OTAs. These optics produce wider, flatter fields with no coma for pinpoint stars out to the edge of larger imaging sensors or extreme wide angle eyepieces.
Internal Crayford-style primary mirror focusing system with a dual speed 7:1 focus control. Precise focus is a snap.
130mm 3-element, air-spaced apochromatic f/7 refractor with 3" Crayford-style 10:1 focuser. Beautifully machined and finished with case. Optional 3" field flattener available.
StarLock full-time automatic integrated guider provides computer-assisted drift alignment for refining polar alignment, finds and centers targets and then automatically locks onto a field star as faint as 11th magnitude for guiding. No separate computer, no guide star selection, no guide scope focus. Just set up your camera and image.
German Equatorial Mount made from machined aluminum and stainless steel with large bearing surfaces and roller bearings in both axes for an extremely solid and stable platform.
Internal cabling to prevent snags and tangles during your imaging sessions.
Precision machined 5.8" main gears with 225 teeth in both R.A. and DEC. with .68" polished bronze worms for very accurate movements and tracking.
1.75" diameter threaded stainless steel counterweight shaft with 26 lb. threaded stainless steel counterweights for easy and safe adjustments to telescope balance.
Sophisticated built-in computer for the most accurate control of the StarLock and other telescope systems.
AutoStar II hand control with over 144,000 object database to take you to almost any object imaginable at the push of the GoTo button. AutoStar II allows the user to setup and operate the LX850 in just the way you want.
Ultra-stable adjustable height tripod. Three inch diameter legs fold up for easy transport.
Accessories include 8x50 viewfinder, Series 5000 2" enhanced 99% reflective diagonal, a 25mm HD-60 premium eyepiece and anti-vibration pads.
Zero image-shift microfocuser for exact electronic control of focus.